Monday, November 14, 2011

Highlight of the day

I got off work. I was hungry and thirsty and totally ready to try at more restaurants. Then I realized I left my wallet home, which was half an hour away. Both of my host parents were at work. Desperately, I went through my backpack and all my pockets knowing that there was only 0.1% of the chance that I could find any money. When I reached my pocket on the back of my jeans, I found 11 dollars and 29 cents. This probably wouldn’t allow me to go to any fancy restaurants (because I had to save $6 to buy the tri-fold), but it completely lit up my day. I randomly started laughing on the street and people were all looking at me like I was crazy. I even generously gave 1 dollar to the beggar.


Sometimes, it’s really those little things that make us happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment