Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trick-Or-Treat?!

I showed Arcadia my Blog. She suggested that I should put up a post about Halloween. So that's why you're reading this post right now.


Because of the power breakdown, trick-or-treating was cancelled in Northampton last Monday(10.31) night. I was very disappointed when I heard that because the neighborhood we live in is fairly ideal for this activity. 


Luckily, it was rescheduled to Saturday night. 


Arcadia's friend Patrick, his exchange student Yan, Arcadia and I all hung out together on Saturday. We planned on going bowling, however, the bowling alley had another power breakdown. So we just walked around the downtown area. We had ice-cream and Chinese food for dinner. It was around 4 in the afternoon and there were already a good amount of kids dressed in their costumes asking for candies stores by stores. 



I apologize for not taking enough pictures. The streets were packed. From little kids to young adults, everybody was dressing up in all kinds of costumes. It was truly amazing.

These kids had stayed in these poses for almost two hours. I witnessed it! Wasn't that amazing?

After dinner, we walked to Eddie's (Arcadia's friend) house. We all put on our costumes. Patrick brought two extras for Arcadia and I. Let's see how everybody looked!

From left to right: Eddie, Arcadia, Patrick, Yan


Roxie and Patrick


On our way to trick-or-treat

Weren't they amazing?! Sorry everyone that I forgot to take a picture of myself. I dressed up as an Angel Lady Bug. Sounds a little weird, hun? But it was actually pretty awesome.

It was a little late when we started. We didn't get too many candies because a lot of houses ran out. But it was still a lot of fun! And that's all it matters, right? 

Share a little story with you. When we stopped by at our house to get a break during trick-or-treating, we went to check on Jet (our doggie) upstairs. She was laying on my host parents' bed. As soon as she saw us, she started to bark loudly and fell off the bed and rolled all the way downstairs. Obviously she had no idea who we were. Poor Jet, he got several cut on his face and broke his nails :[


No comments:

Post a Comment